Health & Safety
At The Flooring Room we take Health and Safety seriously ensuring all of our team are part of the solution and focussed on minimising risks in the work place.
We have regular meetings with our team including our installers and look at ways to reduce risks wherever possible.
At The Flooring Room we work hard to be environmentally conscientious including:
- Having a massive range of products with either renewably sourced or recycled materials
- Great NZ wool Carpets grown here in NZ
- Triexta Carpets are 37% made from renewably sourced Bio Polymer made from corn
- Polyester Carpets with fibre made from 100% recycled drink bottles
- Foam Underlay made from recycled materials
- We work hard to divert waste from landfill offering old uplifted carpet free to people that may be able to reuse it as flooring or another use such as mulch, weed matting or for worm farms
- We have recently replaced the bulk of our lighting with energy efficient LED lighting
- We recycle all of our office consumables, printer cartridges, paper, cardboard and even waste underlay to be made into new underlay
- We try wherever possible to purchase responsibly favouring companies that are like minded