Forget boring beige carpet – the flooring world is your oyster when it comes to the bedrooms! Whether you want to get creative with carpet, lay impressive hardwood floors, or source something sustainable, you’ve got plenty of options. The flooring specialists at The Flooring Room in Tauranga, Palmerston North and Nelson are here to share our take on three popular bedroom floors.
Get creative with carpeting
Carpeting has long been the flooring material of choice for bedrooms in NZ, and for good reason. While the impressive aesthetic of hardwood floors may make them an obvious choice for living spaces like the dining room, kitchen or lounge, even the most style-conscious homeowner prioritises comfort when it comes to the bedrooms.
But just because you want something soft and warm under your feet, doesn’t mean you can’t still insert a little creativity into the bedrooms. Here’s some outside-the-box ideas:
• Be bold – choose carpet with a bold pattern or bright colour, allowing the flooring to add some personality into the room.
• Pair it with a rug – classic grey carpets can be brought to life by strategically laying down a stylish area rug.
• Go for extra soft – for optimum comfort, opt for an extra downy carpet that turns your bedroom into a lush and cosy haven.
Bedroom floors that are dressed to impress
The runner up to carpeted bedroom floors is hardwood. Hardwood floors are undisputedly attractive, offering both a sense of warmth and character to any room in the house. They’re also easy to clean and durable. And if allergies are a problem in your household, hardwood floors are often a better choice than carpet.
There are many hardwood flooring styles, colours and finishes to choose from. We suggest:
• Engineered timber – if you want a truly impressive natural luxury flooring to complete your bedroom.
• Laminate flooring – if you want the look of hardwood without the cost, or needs floors resistant to scratches from a busy family or a cheeky family pet.
• Adding some softness to the room – use throw cushions, a cosy chair or a fluffy rug to add in some warmth and cosiness.
A sustainable flooring solution
For an eco-friendly flooring slant that is stylish and durable, consider bamboo. Because bamboo grows rapidly, it is a renewable material, making it a perfect choice if creating a sustainable home is important to you. Bamboo flooring comes in a range of styles, colours and finishes, making it very versatile, and it’s easy to care for and maintain. Not only this, but bamboo is even harder than hardwood, so these floors will be durable and hard-wearing, too.
If this is your preference, our flooring specialists recommend:
• Seeing sustainability through – pair your floors with other eco options like LED lighting and duvets from natural fibres.
• Add some potted plants – this will complement the natural feel of the room.
Are you leaning towards carpeting, hard wood or bamboo flooring for your bedroom?